Estée Lauder double wear foundation has been breaking the internet, but not everyone can afford to splash out on a £30 bottle of foundation. Always on the hunt for a good dupe, I tried W7's Fable lasting wear foundation to see if it can compete.

At but £4.95 a bottle, W7 definitely wins in terms of budget. W7 Legend lasting article of clothing foundation looks almost identical to Estée Lauder's double vesture and the frosted glass canteen with a golden lid has a similar luxury experience despite beingness £45 cheaper.

I didn't expect much from a £v foundation but was pleasantly surprised by the overall expect and feel of the production on my skin. It has a dainty light feel, and produces a natural looking matte finish without leaving my peel looking dry or tiresome.

Read more: Boots shoppers praise 'unreal' £2 concealer that's 'equally good equally Estee Lauder'

I matter I actually like about W7's legend lasting wear foundation is that it doesn't contain SPF. As someone with sensitive pare who is also allergic to sunscreen, it was a welcome change to see that this foundation wasn't causing me irritation like many other cheap alternatives I've tried.

One thing that did surprise me was that the W7 lasting article of clothing foundation doesn't accept a pump. The golden lid screws off to reveal a bottle you have to pour the product out of, which could lead to a lot of waste if you're not conscientious.

I don't mind foundations with a thinner texture, simply even after shaking the bottle similar crazy the W7 foundation was still very runny. If you prefer a thicker foundation you might be left feeling a little disappointed by the W7 lasting wear's formula, just despite being watery I had no issues applying it.

How I found the coverage

Claiming to 'sit comfortably on the skin whilst lasting for hours through thick or sparse', W7's Legend foundation promises medium to full coverage with a matte finish without breaking the bank. But is this besides expert to be true?

Different almost cheap foundations, one awarding of the W7 lasting article of clothing provided even coverage without becoming cakey. Even after applying two layers to cover upwards some of the more stubborn marks on my pare, the foundation however felt low-cal to wear and didn't dry out out my skin.

W7 definitely delivers the medium to full coverage it promises. Two layers of the foundation managed to virtually completely hide even the near stubborn of spots without the need for concealer, leaving me really impressed.

The £5 foundation has great coverage

The £5 foundation has great coverage

Does it last?

Estée Lauder claims that their double vesture makeup is sweat, rut, humidity resistant and waterproof, promising an oil-free matte finish that will terminal for 24 hours - and so how does W7'south gull compare?

The W7 foundation definitely stayed put for an unabridged day at work, but in that location was some clothing effectually my nose and any blemishes I didn't also cover with concealer past the terminate of the mean solar day. The foundation also passed the waterproof test, refusing to budge when splashed and rubbed with water.

There weren't many opportunities to test the W7 against estrus, humidity and sweat during an boilerplate day at the office, only information technology didn't expect or feel like it was going anywhere in a hurry. At the very least it could survive a adept cry or a long night out without whatsoever issues.

The only thing letting it down is the choice of shades

The just matter letting it down is the choice of shades

Shades

What really lets the W7 foundation downward is the range of shades available. Whilst Estée Lauder Double Clothing comes in sixty one shades, W7's legend lasting vesture but has viii to cull from, making it unlikely that you lot'll be able to find a good match.

Since I'm paler than a ghost, I tried out the lightest shade called 'Barefaced'. Information technology looked ok once applied across my entire face up, but its orangish undertones are too overpowering for me to use on a daily ground and left me feeling like a pumpkin.

My verdict: 4 /5

For a inexpensive dupe, the W7 provides great cover and a squeamish natural stop without breaking the bank, merely the lack of shades on offering is really frustrating. It does live up to its name every bit 'long lasting', so if you practice think y'all could make i of the shades available work for yous information technology's definitely worth trying earlier reaching for a more expensive brand.